One of the best parts of being a writer is being a part of a community of creative people. In order to be a good citizen of that community, I believe that it is important to share information, to support the work of other writers, and to engage in discourse that helps uplift and embolden everyone to use their voice.
I am proud to have published three full-length collections, eight chapbooks, and to have received numerous nominations for Best of Net and Pushcart Prizes despite having no MFA or formal poetry training or connections to academia. This is what makes me certain that everyone can find success with their own work. In that spirit, I am happy to announce some exciting new ways for us to connect.
Fees for these services will be reasonable and negotiated on a sliding scale to ensure access to as many writers as possible.
- Manuscript Consultation - Chapbook or Full-Length
- Feedback on Structure and Order
- Close Readings and Line Edits of Individual Poems
- Title Consultation and Suggestions
- Feedback on Inclusion/Exclusion of Poems
- Zoom/Email consultation
- Feedback on Individual Poems or Packets for Submission
- I am currently developing online workshops/classes that will be offered starting in January 2023. Most will be only one or two sessions long to help people fit writing into their busy schedules. Some will be instructional, some feedback-focused, and some generative. Keep your eyes on this page and on social media for announcements!
- As a former teacher, I am happy to make time to visit your middle school, high school or college classroom to discuss poetry or the writing process, give a reading, or run a writing exercise based on your current content.
© Copyright Donna Vorreyer